Sunday, March 8, 2009

CAPS Caps Caps Caps....

Today, I went to the Capitals versus Pennguins game at the Verizon Center with Em and Jon. It was so much fun! I forgot how much I loved hockey! This is surprising because I don't like a lot of other sports. We had REALLY great seats! They were reject tickets from my mom's boss so we were on the second landing in row T (in direct line of sight from the goal.) The Caps lost the game by one goal in a post overtime shootout but it was still a lot of fun.

The score was tied one to one in the first period. In the second, Pittsburgh unexpectedly scored 2 goals, leaving us with a two point deficit. We were pissed. The caps fans were so riled up. At the top of the third period, Alexander Semon and Brooks Laich scored each scored a goal and tied the game 3 to 3. There were some great assists by Green and Ovechkin. Not much happened for the rest of the 3rd and all of the five minute overtime period. The Penns scored 2 goals though in the post overtime shootout. The caps had no points so we lost.

I hadn't been to a Caps game in years. It was such a fantastic time.

No comments:

Post a Comment