Monday, March 9, 2009

Uninteresting things I did today....

Today, I went to work. No real remarkable happenings there. Although one of my students told me that I sing pretty. Oh, which reminds me of another funny work story: the other day, a little four year old student said to me "Miss R, Kevin called me black." To which I responded well aren't you J?" And he said, "no, I'm brown!" True enough. I couldn't argue with that. Sometimes little kids are much wiser than we are.

After work I played school with my nieces and their little five year old cousin. It's always fun. We say the pledge, work on numbers and letters and at recess we play hide and seek. I love those girls.

Later, after a little Thai food, I went to a lecture at church on the life and society of St. Paul. It was interesting but not fantastic. I thought it would focus more on his letters. I was looking forward to hearing them and picking them apart. The priest talked a little about St. Paul's life and Jewish culture, but the discussion was mostly a general timeline of his life. What he did and where he preached when. I was the youngest person in the room by about sixty years. :) I really need to get better at geography, maybe then I would have connected more with the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment